In 1949, renowned husband and wife design couple Charles and Ray Eames developed an innovative system of freestanding, multifunctional shelves, desks and storage units in keeping with industrial mass production principals.
In collaboration with Dutch designer Hella Jongerius, a carefully defined new colour scheme was given to give the EDU a fresh and contemporary look whilst still celebrating the spirit of the 1940s and ’50s. With its eye-catching combination of coloured panels, the EDU adds a cheerful and inviting accent to the home office.
The panels of the EDU also function as a modesty shield which partially enclose the two storage compartments. The metal support frame is height-adjustable to accommodate uneven floors of home offices.
- Table top: plywood with birch veneer originating from Poland and Finland
- Metal surfaces: black powder-coated finish
- Panels: powder-coated aluminium
- Shelves: maple plywood with birch face veneer (Poland and Finland), transparent lacquer finish.
- Applications: recommended for residential use only